Miss G is 4!

My dearest darling Gwendolyn,

Today you are four years old and I am so proud of you.

At four you are such an incredible little girl — so certain of yourself, so eager to live life to its fullest, so patient when the world isn’t always ready for you. And I am so proud of you.

Your willingness to give everything all you’ve got, to push yourself, to make yourself vulnerable, to try new things with such anticipation of goodness inspires me to live in the same full way. And I am so proud of you.

Your sense of fun, your sheer joy for life, your love of learning, your wonderment at all that is in the world is beautiful and you’ve taught me to see the simple more clearly and more fully. And I am so proud of you.

Your trust in those around you, your gentle understanding, your willingness to forgive makes you so wise beyond your years. And I am so proud of you.

You have shown me what it is to be truly brave and to possess real strength. And I am so proud of you.

Four years ago I had no idea what such a little person was capable of and now here you are and you have changed my life. And I am so proud of who you are.

Happy, happy fourth birthday my Little Miss Sunshine, my sweet butterfly, my Super Miss G Super Girl.

I love you as high as the sky, as deep as the sea, to the moon and back again… and even still farther.

Love,

Mommy

Dear Gwendolyn:

How time has flown. Literally.

It truly seems like yesterday that I was frantically — and I mean frantically — running in circles around the house trying to get a very, very pregnant Mommy-to-be and a very, very nervous Daddy-to-be to the hospital when you decided it was time to meet the world. I knew we were going to have a very special bond from the first moments we spent together. And while I always thought I would be the one to teach you the important lessons of life, I could have never imagined that I’d learn more from you over the first 4 years of your life than I could have ever learned in a lifetime without you; the true meaning of living in the moment and cherishing each of them, the value of staying focused on what we can control, the importance of realizing that life really is short, the complete positive shuffling of my priorities.

I love the spunky girl you’ve become and am in complete awe of your strength and determination. I love your unending thirst for adventure and education. I love that you’ve made it clear to us that this is your life and demanding that we listen to how you want to live it. I love that you constantly push and challenge us to set our fears aside and live — this second, today, every day. I love your sense of humor. I love your sass. I love your soft giggle. I love your gentle touch. I love that you love to ballroom dance with me — and that you don’t laugh at my poor form. I love your complete trust in me. I love every second that we spend together. And I don’t take any for granted — I never will.

Keep pushing us to bring the world to you. I promise that I will stop at nothing to do just that. Happy 4th birthday my “little monkey.” I love you so much.

Love,

Daddy

3rd birthday letters from Mommy & Daddy, 2nd birthday letters from Mommy & Daddy, 1st birthday letters from Mommy & Daddy.

About Victoria

Mom fighting to END SMA, the #1 genetic killer of young children.

Comments

1. Happy birthday Sweet Gwendolyn!

2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GWENDOLYN! You have done so much in 4 years and taught so many people so many positive lessons! Thank you and I hope you have a very special day.

3. Lindsey Coleman says:

Happy Birthday Sweet Gwendolyn!! We love you and are so glad that we can call you our dear little friend! You go have some more fun!!! Can’t wait to see more!
    Big, bug hugs!
    Love Whit, Lindsey, Maggie and especially Jonas

4. Happy Birthday Gwendolyn, and a HUGE high five to your mom and dad!!

5. Rebecah Ogden says:

What an incredible day! I loved the video such great pictures! She has such a loving family and has such a sweet spirit about her. Have a very happy birthday!

6. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS G!!!

May you be blessed with many many more!!!

XOXOXO

<3 Kelly D < 8(:-D

7. Happy birthday Beautiful Girl! I have been thinking about you all weekend! We love hearing about all of your adventures. You are courageous beyond words and we find inspiration from you every day. Can’t wait to hear all about your new even bigger girl adventures! Have a great day!! ((((HUGS)))) Kristen, Mike, Calla, Maya, Aria and of course Georgie!!

8. Happy happy 4th birthday Gwendolyn!!!
    God will be blessing you more years because you have a pure and clean heart.
    {{{{HUGS}}}}

9. Beautiful video, and a very Happy 4th (golden) Birthday to a beautiful lil girl!!

10. Dear Gwendolyn,
    We want to wish you a very happy 4th Birthday!
    You continue to amaze and inspire us.
    Sending you lots of love and all the best wishes for the coming year,

Sophie, Meike & Andrew Robertson

11. Bob and Lisa Wilcher says:

Happy Birthday Sweet Gwendolyn!!! We hope all of your dreams come true this year and always!! xoxo

12. Happy Happy Birthday Gwendolyn!! Get ready for another year of big adventures!

13. Laurie Sore says:

I wish there was a way for me to give you a big “MWAH” for your birthday, but since we are so far away I will have to ask your Mummy & Daddy to do it for me. You have grown in to the most beautiful little girl, sorry I mean young lady! I hope your day is as special as you are!

You put the “G” in Gorgeous!

lots of love,
    Laurie.

14. Debby St. Onge says:

Happy, Happy Birthday Miss Gwendolyn! We are so very proud of you and wish you the very best of days today! Enjoy your special day in true princess fashion! Sending big birthday love and hugs,
    Debby & Veronica

15. Maril Roll says:

Happy 4th Birthday Gwendolyn!

I love the video and reseeing all those preceious memories we’ve shared with youm if only through the internet–we are so blessed that your mommy and daddy share you with us all and have educated us all on SMA.

Love, Mari

16. Jessica Scott says:

Happy 4th Birthday sweet Gwendolyn!

17. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GWENDOLYN !!!! You are such a BEAUTIFUL 4 YEAR OLD !!!!!
    Much love from Sophia’s GaGa !!!

18. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GWENDOLYN!! You are a special girl born into a special family! We are so grateful like heroes like you. Have a special day and make sure Daddy dances you until he drops!

19. The O'Neills says:

Happy Birthday, Gwendolyn! Can’t wait to hear about your big day!

20. Happy 4th Birthday sweet Gwendolyn!! Thanks for allowing us to share in your colorful, sparkly and fun-filled life and reminding all of us of what is important. I know you will have such a happy, special day filled with love from all those around you. Big hugs to you big girl, and to your Mommy and Daddy on such a sweet day for them too. Love Em

21. A beautiful video and letters for a beautiful girl! A very happy birthday! Hope you have lots of fun celebrating with your incredible family! Hope all your wishes come true :)

22. Happy Birthday Miss G.!!!!!! 4yrs old already, Wow.

I loved watching your video, you are a beautiful little (or should i say big ) girl both inside and out.

I love to see what you`ve been doing and what your wearing, what fun colours you wear.

Enjoy every minute.

Love to mom and dad also.
    This is a very precious time for you both, you have made Gwendolyn so happy. God Bless you both.

23. Happy birthday to sweet Ms. G from an admiring mommy in Sacramento! Oh how her beautiful eyes light up so brightly! I hope Ms. G has a day filled with butterflies, hugs and love. What wonderfully caring parents you are. Thank you for sharing your BIG girl with me!:-) oh happy day!

24. Happy golden birthday to the sweetest little girl! Sending love from Washington on your special day!
    Love, The Gustafsons-Jessica, Jeff, Nicholas, and Ella

25. Happy birthday Gwendolyn! Best wishes to you from Winnipeg. I’m sure you’ve enjoyed all the festivities and attention that every birthday girl deserves.

26. MT Grandma says:

Happy Birthday Gwendolyn. You are such a special girl – you inspire so many people. Big hugs to you and your wonderful mommy and daddy. Love and light to all of you

27. Happy Birthday you sweet, sweet girl! You are a blessing Miss Gwendolyn! xoxo

28. Now that I am a big puddle, I need to go give my kiddos a hug……….. Thank you Miss G for the incredible lessons your teaching us all……………..

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

29. Happy Birthday Miss G! You are sooooo cute!!!! Enjoy your B-day!
    Love,
    Danika

30. Happy golden birthday, sweet girl!! What a big kid you are now :o)

31. Ayanna cito says:

Happy birthday gwendolyn ‘hope it was awesomer then any of mine will ever be!:)